Over the past week news of security researchers remotely taking over a Chrysler Jeep hit the news. This was written up and demonstrated nicely in the Wired Magazine article. I received many emails about how to prevent yourself from being harmed, and there is good news!
Fiat Chrysler has issued a voluntary safety recall affecting 1.4M vehicles in the US – call your dealership if you are on one of the listed models of cars below.
See if your vehicle needs a safety update:
- 2013-2015 MY Dodge Viper specialty vehicles
- 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups
- 2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Chassis Cabs
- 2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee SUVs
- 2014-2015 Dodge Durango SUVs
- 2015 MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans
- 2015 Dodge Challenger sports coupes
– Source: BBC
More details to follow as other manufacturers and models will certainly need attention as ‘connected’ motorized vehicles catch up to network security research scrutiny.
Photo credit: ANDY GREENBERG/WIREDRead more